Mercedes S Class rental in Riga, LatviaJuly 8, 2014
How to get from Riga to Rundale?
Looking for a way hot to get from Riga to Rundale? Well, here will be some ways how to do it. It can be quite complicated to get to Rundale by public transport as you have to change the buses on the way. There are no buses that goes direct to Rundale Palace. So the best way how to get there is by following these steps:
- Find the coach station in Riga which is situated right by the large shopping center called Stockman
- Buy a bus ticket from Riga to Bauska and see the timetable at what time the bus is leaving and which platform it is leaving. You can get the bus 7480 and it will cost around 3,05 EUR per person.
- When you are at Bauska bus station change buses and buy ticket for bus that goes to Svitene or Bērstele via Pilsrundāle, you can get bus No. 5313 or 6383. The ticket costs up to 2,00 EUR per person.
- You have to get off at stop called Rundales pils.
Another good way how to get from Riga to Rundale!
If you want more comfortable way how to get from Riga to Rundale you can always book a private transfer or day trip. We offer great transfer services with all included prices. All of our drivers speak good English and Russian, so you won’t have any problems finding a place you want to go or ask questions if you have any. This might be a bit more expensive comparing to public transport, however it is more reliable and safer way how to travel.
We offer 2 different types of transfer:
- 2 way transfer, the driver picks you up and drops off at Rundale and then in few hours comes back and takes you back to Riga.
- Or the driver takes you on a day trip. This means that he picks you up and drives all the way to Bauska castle and Rundale Palace waits for you there suggests any good places for dinner and anything else that you want.
The overall plan of the day for type 2 trips are as follows:
- Pick-up at around 9.00
- 9.00-10.30 traveling to Rundale Palace
- Before Rundale Palace stopping by Bauska castle for about 1 hour
- 11.30-13.30 guided tour through Rundale Palace, museum and gardens
- 13.30-15.30 lunch and free time
- 15.30-17.00 traveling back to Riga
We also offer guide services additional to these transfers if you want to know more about the Bauska castle and Rundale Palace.
There is a lot to see at Rundale Palace, so make sure you don’t miss out on anything! If you have any questions on how to get to Rundale by public transport or private transfers contact our customer service. We will be happy to help!
Below are some pictures of Rundale Palace and Bauska castle, really amazing places with so much history!